Monday, July 26, 2010

A Twilight Christmas in July!




Yesterday, was finally the celebration of Christmas in July! About a dozen of us from all over the world got online and opened our exchange cards and presents together! It was so fun to laugh and talk while being able to instantly see what everyone else got. It was great to see their faces when they opened a present from me and it was even more fun getting to open all my presents in front of them! It felt just like a real Christmas.
What I loved about the gifts was how much thought, time and love when into each of them. Between the handmade cards and crafts, gifts picked out specifically with me in mind, and the stories shared it just reminded me of how much I adore these women. It also reminded me that even though I've never met some of these woman in person, they really are my friends. They know things about me that even people who see me at work everyday don't know. They know the goofy things I LOVE and the stupid things that drive me crazy. They listen to me and have nothing but advice and kind words when things are hard and are thrilled for me when things are good.
It's a different kind of friendship then I have with my friends who live here. It's not better, or worse, or any less real... just different. I think for a lot of people who don't use the resources on the Internet to meet this way it can come across weird or somehow less genuine, but what a better way to meet people with your same interest then this? And I don't think there could be a better way to make the world a little smaller and more friendly.
And before I go for the day I have to sent out a special thanks to MJ, CCG, TD, and The Hale family, for thinking of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment