Monday, July 12, 2010

Making new Twifriends



Yesterday Beth and I went to see Eclipse. -This is the two of us with our "Pocket People" TwilightMom friend Makia and favorite Twistar Kellan Lutz.- The neat thing about seeing Eclipse with Beth was that she had to fly out to California from Kentucky to see it with me. Beth is actually a friend I have made online through TwilightMoms.com. I actually met Beth in a chat forum. She was posting about a surprise second honeymoon & 10 Year Anniversary trip she was planning for her and her dear husband. I offered to help with anything they needed or wanted here in the area and sent her a variety of recommendations for great things to see and do while here. Well, it just worked itself out in that process that we decided to meet. So Beth, her sweet husband and I all went out together yesterday. They actually treated me to a tasty sushi lunch and then off to the movie we all went. I have to admit as much as I love my son, seeing Eclipse with Beth was a lot more fun!
You know the friends I've made are half the gift that Stephenie has given me. The wonderful moms really are fun, supportive, kind, smart and beautiful women. What I love about this great group of woman are that they remind me everyday what being a friend is all about. Most of us have never met in person. Some of us never will since we are cities, states, and even oceans apart. We can't go out to dinner together or show up when it is someone birthday either. What we do is share our good times and our bad time, listen to each other and give advice. We hunt down little treasures and ship each other little treats now and then. From our chat forum, to a chat room, to packages in the mail, phone calls and text we connect. Some of the moms have gone to the Twilight Creation Conventions together, other moms like Beth and I have met for movies and two moms both in need of a helping hand are picking up their lives and moving across the country together. All this in the name of Twilight and friendship!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to meet you Lisa Ann!!! Don't think that ocean will keep us from having a UK/US get-together!!!

    What a LOVELY entry.

    ReplyDelete