Saturday, July 17, 2010

Being a Swan mean being a Cullen

In my home family IS the most important thing. My kids, parents, grandparents, neighbors, friends and four legged furries are all family. The Cullens don't have any four legged furries and their family circle is much smaller then mine. When Edward brings Bella home though and then out to play baseball with his family, in a moment they have to decided if they put themselves on the line for her or will protect her. It's almost as if they don't even thing about it. It just is... she is their family now.
The gift of unconditional love is rare. Often the gift of love is unspoken but assumed... But last night I picked up my darling 15 year old daughter up from the airport after 19 days in Europe and all I could feel my love for her bursting out of me. I was glowing! Like Bella is to Charlie, my daughter will always be my Bella. I don't need to know everything about every part of her life, but like Charlie, I'll be there no matter how crazy things get; even if she marries someone just like Edward Cullen. (If she could only be so lucky!)
And how did I know she loved and missed me... how did she tell me?
She brought me a new copy of Eclipse from Amsterdam in Dutch!
No one knows me better then my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment