Saturday, July 10, 2010

Twi-Thai



I found Stephenie's website soon after reading the books. If you haven't checked it out you MUST! The email address is www.stepheniemeyer.com , if you happen to need it. As I was exploring the site, and looking at the page dedicated to Twilight, when I innocently clicked on a tab that was labeled International. That was the first time I saw cover, after cover, after cover, of all the different Twilight books floating around out there in the world. That was the first time collecting International copies of these gifts crossed my mind.
Having a Dad doing work in Russia off and on, I emailed him the cover of the Russian copy, the book Title and Stephenie's name and a plea for a copy if Twilight in Russian. Sure enough on his next trip with the help of an interpreter he found a copy of the book for me.
Around the same time I had a friend heading off to do some work in Thailand. Again we headed back to Stephenie's site, found a picture of the book cover in Thai and off she went. Two weeks later I had that book in my hot little hands! That is the book shown above, and the first International book in my collection. The coolest part of this book besides the cover was the writing inside. Of course I can't read at all... not even one letter, but it is really cool to look at!
The other funny thing was story that my sweet friend Natalie came back with. She was the one that had to convince the merchants she really did want the book in their native language. She told them she wanted it in Thai but they just wouldn't give up! Over and over again they kept trying to give it to her in English! I am sure they were wondering what this big blond woman was going to do with this book in Thai when she clearly didn't speak or read it. LOL! I'm equally sure it was a bit of a communication issue but she has a iron will and came home with what I asked for. Thank you Natalie!

1 comment: