Friday, January 7, 2011

Birthdays...

Bella didn't want to get older. That, I don't mind. But my annual birthday party has become a bit of it's own event. Last year there were over 40 of us. LOTS OF FOOD. I have a big themed potluck every year. There is aways a great cake, wine, cocktails, games, prizes, goody bags, and more. So, as much as Bella was worried about her birthday I think, so am I.
I know I can plan for it. Save my weekly points. A nice fruit salad and a couple of eggs for breakfast, maybe a nice vegetarian salad for lunch but we've all been here before. Drinking lots of water with dinner helps too. Sometimes it's just hard not to worry just a little.
Then I think of my friends, supportive and loving. Even the ones 1000's of miles away are cheering me on. TM's sending me recipes and wishing me luck while I take each baby step toward my goal.
My goal! Yes... I have a variety of goals actually. And I have a variety of rewards for myself set up along the way too. My goal weight reward is the one I am already dreaming about though. I am planning a Twilight/Memorial Tattoo. Butterflies to honor of my Grams, and a quote, " I promise to love you every moment of forever." I may do flowers like the ones from the meadow, or Bella's wedding. I may incorporate Bella's or my Grams Wedding ring too, I'm not sure yet but just dreaming of it brings a smile to my face.
Hummm... Maybe that will help me stay focused on my birthday. I wonder if Bella knew she was going to become a vampire it would have helped her?

No comments:

Post a Comment